Saturday, September 29, 2012

Redway to San Francisco, CA

Sorry for not posting anything yesterday.  We got in to San Francisco about 7:00 and since then it's just been "Miller Time"!  It's so good to see Brent and Jackie again.  We haven't seen them since November.  

I'll post pictures and more information once we get home again.  We had a long day of driving yesterday - not so much because we were so far away - but because we chose the longer route!  We stayed on Highway 101 to Leggett, CA and then got on Highway 1 and drove along the coast.  The first 10 miles or so was over the mountain and the roads were SO twisty and narrow.  I met a log truck on a curve and he was really flying through there.  Once we got over the mountain though, we were back on the beach.  It was a little foggy but man, what a sight!

Before we got to the beach though, we had a couple stops to make.  We stopped at a place called Confusion Hill that was more for kids but we had a good time.  It was one of those fun houses full of illusions.  They had some great chain saw carvings though.
                                                   It was hard to stand up straight here!

Yes, we paid another $5 to drive through this tree.  They saw that every few years they have to enlarge the tree because it keeps trying to heal itself and close up the hole.  
                                     This time I didn't scrape the side mirror on the tree!
              I'd be afraid that if I lived in this house I'd fall in the ocean while I was asleep!

                                    Big waves crashing on the rocks....my favorite thing!

                                                  A lot of our drive looked like this.

This is when I knew we were getting close!  Of course, the famous San Francisco fog made an appearance but we've seen this before when it was bright and sunny.  After 1800.2 miles, we reached our final destination.  It's been a great trip but now it's family time.  I still have some things to share and will catch up after we get home and settled.  Thanks for following us on our trip and I hope you enjoyed it too.  I'll talk to you in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment