Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Port Angeles

Due to some Internet problems, I can't get on the computer tonight to write. So, I'll make a short post using my phone. It would take too long to tell you what I want to say. What we saw today was just breath-taking. Our day started early with a temperature of 48 degrees!  Our first stop was Sequim to see the lavender fields. Next was Hurricane Ridge.  Yep....there's snow in them there hills!  Gorgeous! 

 After that it was on to Crescent Lake. We hiked a beautiful trail about a mile one way to Marymere Waterfall. I could have stayed there a long time. We also hiked a short trail along the lake, but through the woods. Didn't realize there were Sequoyas in that area. 

We saw where the Elwha Dam used to be. It has been removed so it can be returned to its natural state and hopefully the salmon will return there. 

We stopped at one more trail to see the Madison Falls. Not quite as impressive as the other one but still beautiful. By then it was time to head back to Port Angeles for dinner and to rest. Tomorrow we are headed to Victoria, Canada on the ferry. It will be a really long day since we plan to catch the first ferry there and the last ferry back.  

If I can't resolve my computer problems tomorrow, I'll try at our next place in Forks.....home of the Twilight series. 

Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment